The PLANBANK “Rural Bank of Canlubang Planters, Inc.” was incorporated on November 24, 1952 by sugar planters who were members of the Banco Rural de CA-BA-LAG,
a cooperative operating and serving the needs of sugar planters from the provinces of Cavite, Batangas and Laguna. The Bank was given a license to operate by
the Central Bank of the Philippines (now Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas) on January 25, 1953.
The first office of the Bank was located in Barrio Canlubang, then it transferred its head office at the Old Municipal Site of Calamba City and then finally
transferred in its own building located at Halang, Calamba, Laguna on July of 1998.
When the restriction on bank branching was lifted in 1989, the bank took advantage of this privilege to expand its branch network. At present, the bank has
fourteen (14) branches located in the provinces of Laguna, Bulacan and Batangas.
In October 2013 the ALC Group of Companies headed by Amb. Antonio L. Cabangon Chua acquired equity ownership of PLANBANK and since then took over management of the Bank.